Howdy, Ehse_Jaybie here.
Not sure if I am using this right, as I am new to the whole wiki thing. Still learning but eager to learn I have come to you with a question or few.
- If I wanted to make pages for specific weapons and insert images, how would I do so? I found a how to page, but I don't understand it. I was hoping to do something similar to the Combat Arms wiki, where they have the prices for the weapon duration, along with stats and a picture of the weapon near the top of the page. An example of what I'd insert is found at 
- Does the Brick-Force Wiki have a clan? If not, I was wondering if I could or should make an official Brick-Force wiki clan. if I am not permitted to do so I will harbor no ill feelings, but would like to suggest a name (and some valid reasons for the name) for when a clan for the wiki is made.
- I was thinking "Bricks Co." (Based on the in-game Bricks Corporation) would be a decent clan name for the Brick-Force wiki. I was unable to find another clan with that name, and the Bricks Corporation seems to be providing the default equipment for players as we in the wiki are trying to provide information about the game to the players.
I see with the preview I did a horrible job typing this. Unsure of how I could make it better and afraid of making it worse I shall leave this as is. ^_^ Again, still learning the wiki.
Hope to talk to you soon, Ehse.
PS: I had originally posted this on the wrong page. I removed my mistake and believe it is now on your User Talk page as it should be.
- Hi! I'm so glad to find someone interested in our little wiki! Don't worry about being new to it, everyone starts somewhere! I am happy to answer questions, help set up templates for you to use, etc.
- I was not sure what kind of stats would be appropriate for things, but using the image you provided, I can at least set up a basic weapons infobox template for you to use.
- As for a wiki clan, we don't have one currently, but if you want to start one and get others interested in participating here as well, that's GREAT! As our first "community" participant, you get dibs :D
- The only part of wiki etiquette that I'd like to point out to you is signing your talk page posts. To add a signature, you simply type four tildes ~~~~ or use the signature button on the edit tool bar.
- I will get the infobox set up with instructions how to use it and post a link on your talk page today. --Wynthyst 18:35, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
Hi again. Ehse here.
Responding to the response of my above question, I can tell I'm a bit out of my league. I'll stick to focusing on rough or first drafts and let somebody with a better understanding of computers focus on the complicated formatting. xD I'm not smart with computers as you can probably tell, but I want to thank you for taking the time effort that was used to try and help me.
Thanks again, Ehse.
Greetings, Ehse here.
No worries, you've not scared me. I am just terrible with computers and their languages due to some handicaps. :) I was not offended nor frightened, and am glad you took the time to help, let alone respond to me. Your last message gave me a somewhat better idea of what to do (given it was more stop by step) and I'm going to attempt to use that down the road. For now I wish you a good evening.
Thanks again, Ehse.
Arnt you the owner of the Terraria Wiki? Its good to see that people are going to different games. :)
--Bennycool 06:15, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
- I did create the foundations of the Terraria Wiki, but it is owned by Curse, as is this one. As a member of Curse's wiki team, I can be found on most of the wikis on their network in some capacity or another. Our goal is to provide support and options to players in many games. But it's always nice to see familiar
facesnames! --Wynthyst 06:19, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
Its also good to see
active inactive forum members. :) Also, any thoughts about a Starbound Wiki? --Bennycool 06:32, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
- Ask and you shall recieve :D http://www.starboundwiki.com/Starbound_Wiki --Wynthyst 06:34, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
Curse is spreading like a.. curse. --Bennycool 06:44, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
Hey there. Ehse here.
Thanks again for the information. I am slowly learning my way around the Wiki. It seems the Weapons section is coming along nicely. I confess buying each of the weapons in game to get a decent picture of them is draining, but I think it'll be well worth it.
I was once again wondering if the Brick-Force wiki was going to establish a clan in Brick-Force, although I've come to realize that at this point it would most likely be a clan for Curse. :P If it turns out to be a clan for Curse I won't ask to join, but if a clan is made for the Brick-Force wiki's first/top contributors (and is run by Curse) It would be kinda cool to join.
Anywho, Just was wondering about that, and Thank you again for the information you provided me. Slowly but surely we'll get that weapon's page finished before Open Beta hits.
Really, thanks a bunch.
- I don't know that Curse will be doing anything "official". And quite honestly, I don't know what is involved in creating/running a "clan" in Brick-Force. As I indicated before, you are quite welcome as the first Community participant here to create a wiki clan, and recruit more "wiki" types to join. If there is something I can do to be of assistance, let me know. -- Wynthyst talk 20:47, 17 March 2012 (UTC)
Thanks. I'll keep it in mind. :D You responded as I was editing my message and it threw me for a loop x.x Given I'm not a member of Curse I wouldn't feel comfortable running the clan myself. That said, should a member of Curse decide to play Brick-Force, all that is required are regular (not premium) currency, if I remember right about 30k. A clan name can be 10 characters long, and there is no limit to people joining. A simple promote/demote system allows a clan leader to appoint "Staff" who act as clan admins. :P I've already pitched my name idea, and if Curse does make a wiki-clan, let me know. In the event no clan is made within a month or two of the Open Beta then I'll prob use the name myself and produce a clan.
Also, I had no clue I was the first community participant. :D I feel important! Thanks for informing me!
Anywho, I need to get running, but I hope you and the Cursed folks have a good time.
Ehse Jaybie, or EhseJaybie on Brick-Force. 00:04, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
Ehse here. Today I created[] and a thought hit me. In addition to Clothes and Weapons, the game also contains "Accessories" and "Characters" along with "Special Items" that will need to be posted on the main page at some point. If you look at the main page, lower left column is "Play modes" which is cool. I suggest combining "Play Modes" and "Map Creation" into one box. The middle box would then become "Gear and Storyline" section which would contain "Accessories" along with "Characters" and "Special Items" until further notice. In the future, an "Effects of gear" page (focusing on Weapon Mastery and the effects of clothing (Exp, Luk, and Pts boost, the "Bricks Corporation" Page, and a page containing the NPC (Non-Playable Characters) would be added to the "Gear and Storyline" section. This would leave the "Wiki Community" section untouched, while making the most of the two other sections.
Mind you, the only pages created so far are the pages you have produced, along with the Weapons, Clothes, and Bricks Corporation pages I've produced. Of course, you always have the option of changing things as you see fit.
I would of proposed this on the main change proposal page, but I was unable to find it.
Ehse Jaybie, or EhseJaybie on Brick-Force. 16:46, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
I would agree on this. Adding the Clothing and Accessories is a good idea. The Necromancer Carvine1 05:50, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, I can't. The option to do so is (as far as I can tell) no longer on that page. Ehse Jaybie, or EhseJaybie on Brick-Force. 15:22, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- There's no edit tab at the top of the page? There should be.. it's not protected. -- Wynthyst talk 16:02, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
Maybe I wasn't wearing my glasses this morning. xD And recently I forgot to log in. x) Maybe my brain needs glasses. Ehse Jaybie, or EhseJaybie on Brick-Force. 18:18, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
Woah, thats way above my skill/comfort level.. xD I'd be afraid of breaking the page if I tried to edit it myself. Ehse Jaybie, or EhseJaybie on Brick-Force. 18:20, 19 March 2012 (UTC) Yea... scared me when i looked at it...The Necromancer Carvine1 19:02, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- That's why it's set up on a separate page from the main page, so you guys can take whatever time to figure it out, it doesn't matter if you break it, it's easy to fix.... BE BRAVE! -- Wynthyst talk 19:14, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
D: I'm not good at being brave... Computer wise.. I'm literally one of those people who struggles to use my virus scanner xD 184.108.40.206 21:30, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
Grr, it logged me out when I switched to this page x) The above message about the virus scanner was mine. Ehse Jaybie, or EhseJaybie on Brick-Force. 21:31, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Ehse, you are doing great! -- Wynthyst talk 01:11, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
Thanks. I've been trying! Saw the proposed changes page again today, I love it! Ehse Jaybie, or EhseJaybie on Brick-Force. 13:28, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
I've been thinking about what you said, and I've decided to I'll most likely take you up on your offer. Upon open beta, I will produce the official Brick-Force wiki clan and name it "Bricks Co." after the in-game Bricks Corporation. The reason for the name is, as Bricks Co. provides players with the default wrench (and maybe the other default items) we in the Bricks Co. Clan will be providing information to the Brick-Force Wiki.
Now, I've been thinking about how this is going to work. I was wondering if a few of the Brick-Force wiki admins could join the clan as Staff (promoted members) for authenticity, and maybe log on once a week if they choose. They would act as a voting counsel when needed. It would also be nice to have their guidance as well as their support. I also feel it would provide great morale to the clan to see Wiki Admins, and would help keep the clan going strong not only in Brick-Force, but here on the wiki.
Now, I'm not entirely sure how Curse works, but I would like their guidance on one matter before I totally pledge myself to running this clan for the Wiki. Would their be requirements for joining? My thinking was 50 posts without having been punished for misconduct on the Brick-Force Wiki would result in being made a regular member, while 150 posts without punishment for misconduct would promote a member to a staff member. All people wishing to join the clan would require a Brick-Force Wiki account as well. While I don't necessarily like the thought of an exclusive clan, these were just some thoughts I had. Again, I would like the guidance of the Wiki admins as of how to run it, and have them join the clan as counsel or figure heads.
Thank you for all the support you've given me over the past... However long I've been apart of the wiki! And you can e-mail me with any questions you may have, as it should be in my information, and given you are an admin you should have access. :P Ehse Jaybie, or EhseJaybie on Brick-Force. 13:45, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
Update: March 23rd, 2012: Hello again Wynthyst. I'm just checking in as I never received a response when asking about how I should go about this. I really would like your input. Ehse_Jaybie, also known as EhseJaybie on Brick-Force. 17:01, 23 March 2012 (UTC)
Was about to update the smoke grenade page, and I was wondering two things. I believe we need a picture of the smoke grenade in use, would we place it on the weapon's template or separately? If on the template, how do we add a second image to the template; If separately, how would I manage to upload another image on to the page for the Smoke Grenade without using up the single spot on the template?
For the sake of saving time, I'll post the template here. I'll also try to adapt this template so it could be used for the Clothes page. Thanks for all the help, and sorry I take up so much of your time!
xD Just saw somebody else had figured out how to adjust this for Clothes. I shall simply use that. Ttyl Ehse Jaybie, or EhseJaybie on Brick-Force. 14:03, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
PS: Was just completing the list of the Clothes page, and the game has two items named "Ranger Helmet." This means that the clothes infobox for the "Ranger Helmet" page WILL need two picture slots. I'm not advanced enough to figure out how to alter that. Q.Q Sorry if having to come to you for so much is bothersome. xD Just doing what I know I am capable of, and not trying to break everything else. :P
- First of all, I created a second template for the clothing, secondly, answering questions is what I'm here for, however, have you looked at our Help pages? There is instructions on our Help:Editing page as to how to upload images. -- Wynthyst talk 15:23, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
Yes, I've looked at the help pages. I've recently learned how to make a ToC (table of Contents) and make links to other pages on the wiki through it :D Thanks for asking though Ehse_Jaybie, also known as EhseJaybie on Brick-Force. 22:00, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
Hello again! I managed to find a creative solution to our template problem. I was able to fuse two screen shots into one image, and labeled the hats A and B. I think this is something I could repeat using Microsoft Paint if the problem arises again in the future. If anybody else has a double-item paradox, have them leave a message on my talk page. Ehse_Jaybie, also known as EhseJaybie on Brick-Force. 22:51, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- You could always just use the image variable and something like -
| image = [[File:filename.png]]<br>[[File:filename2.png]]
- That would give you two images on top of each other. Eventually however, we will have to separate them on to two pages, since they are two distinct items in the game. -- Wynthyst talk 07:43, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
I see. When the time comes I suppose I can separate them, although I confess to liking the thought of leaving them on the same page as long as they share the same name. Both helmets have the same stats, are apart of the same family, share the same equipment space, etc. Currently the two images are marked A and B, and the page has two descriptions as well as a little bit about both of the hats. I confess somebody else could probably of done a better job with the page, but what is there is decent and easy to understand. Ehse_Jaybie, also known as EhseJaybie on Brick-Force. 16:22, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
- Ehse, you did fine, and for now, your solution works. Remember though, this is still just beta, so lots of stuff might change by the time the game is launched. Stats get adjusted, etc. -- Wynthyst talk 20:40, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
Hello Wynthyst. I'm writing because I was wondering if it would be possible to get something written in the font/color scheme you used for the Brick-Force wiki logo. If so, let me know. The reason I'm asking is because I'm currently working on some possible clan banners. I do intend to make a wiki-clan once the game enters Open Beta. In the mean time I'll keep experimenting with various banners and whatnot. Ehse Jaybie, also known as EhseJaybie on Brick-Force. 06:03, 30 March 2012 (UTC)
- If you go to the bottom of this page, you will see a link for their official fansite kit. Inside of that, you will find copies of their logos etc. I actually manually created the "Wiki" portion of our logo by first matching the font (Cooper I think it was) and then hand coloring it in photoshop, using the official logo as a reference. -- Wynthyst talk 08:00, 30 March 2012 (UTC)
I downloaded the fansite kit, but sadly I do not have Photoshop, nor do I have Cooper Black font on my MS Paint program. I'll try to figure something out, thanks so much for letting me know about the kit! Ehse Jaybie, also known as EhseJaybie on Brick-Force. 17:13, 30 March 2012 (UTC)
Hey Wynthyst. I want to thank you for everything and apologize for having/being away for so long. As of recent, I've been very sick IRL. Doctors are doing what they can and I often lack the energy to deal with the lag in Brick-Force, which is stopping me from partaking in the Wiki. I think it would be good to ask Carvine1 if he would like to run the Brick-Force wiki. He has my blessings as he can do what I cannot. Ehse Jaybie, also known as EhseJaybie on Brick-Force. 21:36, 10 April 2012 (UTC)
- It's fine Ehse, you don't ever need to apologize... real life happens to us all, and your health is much more important than the wiki. I hope you will visit whenever possible :D -- Wynthyst talk 22:11, 10 April 2012 (UTC)
Howdy Wynthyst Ehse here, I'm returning to the Wiki after feeling much better. Hopefully I can find some people to help and we can get this wiki off the ground. Have you considered going to the people at Infernum and requesting a spotlight on their front page in hopes of bringing in contributors? Anywho, I'm off to play some Brick-Force so I can do some research before I begin updating.
Ehse Jaybie, also known as EhseJaybie on Brick-Force. 15:10, 17 May 2012 (UTC)
Hello Wynthyst. As of late I've been doing a lot of editing on the Weapons page only to find that today (when I went to edit) that somebody did a huge weird edit. I did what I could to restore it but I'm not quite sure how to do it correctly. While most of it is back some sections are still missing, and I was wondering if you could take a crack at it.
Sorry for the trouble, Ehse. Ehse Jaybie, also known as EhseJaybie on Brick-Force. 00:52, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
Dear Wynthyst I Was wondering why you deleted the player page. Kulkinz 13:28, 5 June 2012 (UTC)Kulkinz
- Player maps are not really part of the main game which is what the wiki is here to document. If the community decides it wants to create a place for Player made maps, we can do that, but not in the mainspace. -- Wynthyst talk 19:43, 5 June 2012 (UTC)